BIRT, Eclipse, BIRT Exchange and Actuate
BIRT Exchange is a developer community site for those interested in and those using BIRT, e.Spreadsheet and the other Java reporting products available on BIRT Exchange. It is a place to share ideas, technical tips and code. It is a place to get answers, education, and technical assistance. Here you can explore how to build reporting into applications, make BIRT reports interactive, and fit spreadsheets into your Java architecture.
BIRT Exchange is run by a team of employees of Actuate Corporation. Actuate is the initiator and co-leader of the Eclipse BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools) open source project, the only top-level Eclipse Foundation project dedicated to Business Intelligence, and developer of the e.Spreadsheet product line that brings Excel spreadsheets to the Web and Java.
The BIRT Exchange team functions as its own business unit at Actuate, providing online, phone and technical resources to people evaluating and using BIRT, e.Spreadsheet and the other BIRT Exchange Java reporting products. We maintain close ties to the product managers and engineers behind the BIRT and e.Spreadsheet product lines and stay abreast of the latest developments, versions, tips and tricks. All of which we post here at BIRT Exchange.
To take advantage of the many resources on BIRT Exchange, learn more about our products and services, and maybe even get involved and start contributing, we recommend you start with some of the following.
- Visit New to BIRT - learn the basics about the BIRT project and how to learn more.
- Visit Products - read about the open source, free and commercial products for Spreadsheet Automation, Ad Hoc and Interactive Reporting and BIRT Reporting available at BIRT Exchange.
- Register for BIRT Exchange - ask and answer questions on the forums; share and rate items in DevShare; contribute to the wiki; and download software.
- Try our Products - download open source products which are provided under the Eclipse Public License (EPL), free products and commercial products which are licensed by Actuate Corporation for 90 day evaluations or purchase.
- Email a Technical Specialist - get technical help with your learning and evaluation process online.
- Talk to a Technical Specialist - call us at 1-800-884-8665 (1-650-645-3000 from outside the United States).
- Visit the Wikis - get answers to questions, definitions and supplemental documentation.
- Visit the Forums - ask questions and get answers from other BIRT users.
- Visit DevShare - get tips, tricks, tutorials, demos and educational webinars about BIRT and see what other developers have accomplished with it.
- Read BIRT-ing Out Loud Blog - read the latest news from BIRT expert and BIRT Exchange evangelist, Virgil Dodson.
- Get the BIRT Report - stay updated on the latest content and events on BIRT Exchange with its monthly technical-wrap-up newsletter edited by Virgil Dodson.
- Visit Services, Support and Training - get training, professional services and technical support for open source BIRT or any purchased products.
Welcome to BIRT Exchange, and please be sure to give us your feedback.
- The BIRT Exchange team