Posted by Ray Gans , 08 June 2012 - 04:00 PM
Ankit (ankit garg) said, "Mongo DB ODA plugin provides a new Data Source that allows a user to quickly connect to Mongo databases. It not only extracts the data but also allows one to filter the data in SQL and JSON format to provide more usability in BIRT reports. I created this plugin to let BIRT users populate mongo db collections data in BIRT reports in a more flexible and convenient way as it is simple as querying SQL instead of JSON format."
Ankit is an employee of Subex Ltd in India where he's worked as a Software Engineer for the last year. He has been using BIRT for almost one year and uses it in his product for report generation. He says, "It is amazing."
Ankit chose a $200 Amazon Gift for his award.
We also want to thank the other 13 eligible DevShare contributors for participating in April's contest:
- BIRT XML Emitter by johnw -- The purpose of this emitter is to assist report developers who would like to unit test their report designs. It can be used for a number of other use cases, such as running through an XSLT transformation.
- Google Analytics ODA Plugin by arjung -- Google Analytics ODA plugin extracts data from from Google Analytics account and feeds the same to Birt, which can be used to create custom reports.
- Modified BIRT HTML Emitter by johnw -- The purpose of this emitter is to allow a report developer to modify the HTML header that is generated in HTML based reports.
- Report Document ODA by johnw -- The purpose of this ODA is to allow BIRT Report Developers use existing RPTDOCUMENT files as a data source.
- Report Design Extractor by johnw -- This is a plugin for Eclipse that will create a new View that will extract a RPTDesign from a RPTDocument and create Data Sources that will allow someone to connect to the RPTdocument. This was created as a utility for diagnosing and troubleshooting.
- New Report Item for Report Parameter by Mikkel T A -- This plugin provides a new Report Item in the palette that allows the user to quickly add a Report Parameters display text (single or MULTI select). Great for displaying report parameters inside report without the need of coding skills.
- Cassandra DB ODA Plugin by arjung -- Cassandra ODA Plugin can connect to Cassandra Data base and pull out data to create custom reports using birt.
- YQL ODA Plugin by Subhas -- Provides a unified interface to the report designers to use different Web Services as BIRT Data Source using Yahoo! Query Language(YQL) a query language similar to SQL.
- SpudSoft Jensoft Charts for BIRT by Yaytay -- A preview of a charting plugin to make open source BIRT charts prettier.
- Multi Flat File Aggregator by Raghava -- An ODA driver to aggregate or map multiple flat files.
- BIRT Barcode Extension for BIRT 2.6-3.7.2 - cbrell The BIRT Barcode Extensions adds a BarcodeItem to the Designer Palette.
- Dropbox ODA by vwine -- Allows BIRT users to create Dropbox usage reports.
- BIRT: Dynamically Hiding/Showing Table Columns in a Report Design by johnw -- This question gets asked quite often in the BIRT Exchange Forums. How can I dynamically show/hide columns in a table based on user input/some object property.
It's not too late... to get your own DevShare article posted in time for next month's contest that closes on June 30th. If you"ve cooked up something that you can share with the BIRT Exchange community, please post it soon! You can create a tutorial, build a BIRT application, template or component, or write up some of the tips and solutions to problems you've run into during the past -- anything that's helped you use BIRT more effectively will probably be useful to others too. And don't forget the BIRT Exchange Marketplace. A code-based DevShare submission could also be a great candidate for the Marketplace.
See the Contributor of the Month Contest Rules and the list of previous winners for more information about the contest.
2 Comments On This Entry
Mannheim BIRT User Group Meeting on May 16
Get Your Plug In 2 BIRT Submissions In Soon
Advocacy at Developer Relations Conference 2013
BIRT Roadshows - Free Training in Q2
Announcing March 2013 BIRT Exchange Contributor Leaderboard
Plug In 2 BIRT Contest for Spring 2013
ActuateOne Users Wanted for Wisdom of Crowds Study
Announcing February 2013 BIRT Exchange Contributor Leaderboard
CLS West: Ideation, Advocacy and Google+
- ankit garg on BIRT Exchange Contributor Contest Winner for April 2012 Selected
- Megha Nidhi Dahal on BIRT Exchange Contributor Contest Winner for April 2012 Selected
- dbmuse on BIRT: A Field Guide, 3rd Edition is Available!
- René P. Mertins on BIRT Exchange DevShare Contest Winner for July 2010 Selected
0 user(s) viewing
0 anonymous member(s)