Posted by Ray Gans , 26 April 2012 - 07:00 AM
David (DGI Systems) said, "My DevShare entry described how to create a BIRT report which displayed data in 'flowing' columns. The data flowed from one column to the next and then from the final column on page x to the first column on page y, for unlimited pages.
"I am porting an eReport with this functionality (using flows) into a BIRT design so had to develop something bespoke."
David is an ex-high school mathematics teacher who moved into IT 7 years ago. He started as an eReports developer and started learning BIRT about 4 years ago. He moved into working with BIRT full time for the past 12 months.
He's currently working on a project to port many advanced eReports into BIRT which is a good challenge.
David chose a $200 Amazon Gift Card for his award.
We also want to thank the other eligible DevShare contributors for participating in this month's contest:
- Creating a multi column BIRT report with grouping, by Hans_vd (Designing BIRT Reports)
- BIRT: Running a Multi-Select Parameter Report from Java, by johnw (Deploying BIRT Reports)
- Allow multi value for cascading parameter, by Maxwelll (Designing BIRT Reports)
- Password protected excel reports, by Raghava (Designing BIRT Reports)
- CrossTab inside Table, by Rajesh kmr (Designing BIRT Reports)
- Popups including row data - after render, by DGI Systems (Designing BIRT Reports)
It's not too late... to get your own DevShare article posted in time for next month's contest that closes on April 30th. If you"ve cooked up something that you can share with the BIRT Exchange community, please post it soon! You can create a tutorial, build a BIRT application, template or component, or write up some of the tips and solutions to problems you've run into during the past -- anything that's helped you use BIRT more effectively will probably be useful to others too. And don't forget the BIRT Exchange Marketplace. A code-based DevShare submission could also be a great candidate for the Marketplace.
PLUS DO NOT FORGET to enter the Plug In 2 BIRT Contest. DevShare submissions received before the deadline on April 30th are eligible for both the contest and the regular monthly competition. See the Contest Page for more information and get started!
See the Contributor of the Month Contest Rules and the list of previous winners for more information about the contest.
0 Comments On This Entry
Mannheim BIRT User Group Meeting on May 16
Get Your Plug In 2 BIRT Submissions In Soon
Advocacy at Developer Relations Conference 2013
BIRT Roadshows - Free Training in Q2
Announcing March 2013 BIRT Exchange Contributor Leaderboard
Plug In 2 BIRT Contest for Spring 2013
ActuateOne Users Wanted for Wisdom of Crowds Study
Announcing February 2013 BIRT Exchange Contributor Leaderboard
CLS West: Ideation, Advocacy and Google+
- ankit garg on BIRT Exchange Contributor Contest Winner for April 2012 Selected
- Megha Nidhi Dahal on BIRT Exchange Contributor Contest Winner for April 2012 Selected
- dbmuse on BIRT: A Field Guide, 3rd Edition is Available!
- René P. Mertins on BIRT Exchange DevShare Contest Winner for July 2010 Selected
0 user(s) viewing
0 anonymous member(s)