Posted by Ray Gans , 19 March 2012 - 02:05 PM
John said, "I put this example together to answer a question in the BIRT Exchange Forums. I enjoy submitting to DevShare and I hope to encourage other developers to take advantage and submit their solutions as well."
John Ward is the author of "Practical Data Analysis and Reporting with BIRT" and "BIRT 2.6: Data Analysis and Reporting." John has been involved with the BIRT project since the beta phase, and has worked on a number of small and large scale BIRT based products. He is familiar with all aspects of BIRT, from report development, to extension points and core modification.
He chose a $200 Amazon Gift Card for his award.
We also want to thank the other eligible DevShare contributors for participating in this month's contest:
- Styling using the NEXTVAL and PREVVAL aggregate functions, by Megha Nidhi Dahal (Designing BIRT Reports)
- Relative file references in BIRT reports, by Yaytay (Deploying BIRT Reports)
- Dynamic styling using beforeFactory method..., by arjung (Designing BIRT Reports)
- Styling report and script to change default chart , by tkopets (Designing BIRT Reports)
- Style applied based on external data like weather, by Raghava (Designing BIRT Reports)
- Dynamically Hide Table and Not Execute Its Data Set, by johnw (Designing BIRT Reports)
It's not too late... to get your own DevShare article posted in time for next month's contest that closes on March 31st. If you"ve cooked up something that you can share with the BIRT Exchange community, please post it soon! You can create a tutorial, build a BIRT application, template or component, or write up some of the tips and solutions to problems you've run into during the past -- anything that's helped you use BIRT more effectively will probably be useful to others too. And don't forget the BIRT Exchange Marketplace. A code-based DevShare submission could also be a great candidate for the Marketplace.
See the Contributor of the Month Contest Rules and the list of previous winners for more information about the contest.
0 Comments On This Entry
Mannheim BIRT User Group Meeting on May 16
Get Your Plug In 2 BIRT Submissions In Soon
Advocacy at Developer Relations Conference 2013
BIRT Roadshows - Free Training in Q2
Announcing March 2013 BIRT Exchange Contributor Leaderboard
Plug In 2 BIRT Contest for Spring 2013
ActuateOne Users Wanted for Wisdom of Crowds Study
Announcing February 2013 BIRT Exchange Contributor Leaderboard
CLS West: Ideation, Advocacy and Google+
- ankit garg on BIRT Exchange Contributor Contest Winner for April 2012 Selected
- Megha Nidhi Dahal on BIRT Exchange Contributor Contest Winner for April 2012 Selected
- dbmuse on BIRT: A Field Guide, 3rd Edition is Available!
- René P. Mertins on BIRT Exchange DevShare Contest Winner for July 2010 Selected
0 user(s) viewing
0 anonymous member(s)