Posted by dmelcher , 30 March 2011 - 12:54 PM
Depending on your initial Internet configuration on your BlackBerry device, some extra settings may need to be made to allow the BIRT Mobile Viewer for BlackBerry application to communicate with an iServer. Most BlackBerry devices already are set properly, but yours may need some setting changes to allow third party applications to communicate over the Internet. If your application opens, but doesn't display the list of sample reports, you may need to do the following.
From most BlackBerry phone user guides:
About direct Internet connections for third-party applications: Some third-party applications that you add to your BlackBerry® device might require a direct TCP or HTTP connection to the Internet. Verify that you have an APN and that you have the user name and password for the APN. For more information, contact your wireless service provider.
1. In the device options, click Advanced Options.
2. Click TCP.
3. Type the APN information.
4. Press the Menu key.
5. Click Save.
You will also have to make sure to set permissions for this third party application:
1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
2. Click Device > Application Management or Settings > Options > Applications.
• To set permissions for a specific third-party application, highlight the application (BIRTViewer). Press the key > Edit Permissions.
3. Expand Connections, Interactions, and User Data.
4. Change the permission fields to Allow.
5. Press the key > Save.
Let me know if you find this helpful, or if you have any other issues.
1 Comments On This Entry
0 user(s) viewing
0 anonymous member(s)